Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Part Wild: One Woman's Journey with a Creature Caught Between the Worlds of Wolves and Dogs by Ceiridwen Terrill


★★★

Three stars.

I received this book through Goodreads First Reads.

This book is an emotional journey in which one dog owner must decide for herself the rights and wrongs in a situation where no one is the winner. I found this book to be a nice blend of research and facts and memoir. I learned much about wolves, wolfdogs, and canines in general, and at the same time, gained insight into the difficult life of the author and the personal battles she had to face both with and without her wolfdog, Inyo. I caught myself shouting at her mentally in her decision making, and she writes with a detail that makes the book easy to read, and more importantly, it's smooth in its transition between research and story.

Overall I give it 3.5 stars. Not being an avid animal lover, I feel like some of the more important emotional aspects were a bit lost on me. (That being said, I cried at the end result, having just put down my own dog a few months ago.) If you're a wolf fan, dog lover, or an animal lover in general, this book is a good read for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment