Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

The Snowman by R.L. Stine


★★★★

Four stars.

Heather hates her Uncle James. Her friends, boyfriend, and even her neighbors know that she loathes him with a passion. After all, how many times had they heard her say that she wished he was dead? Her bleak, stressful life seems to lighten a bit when a mysterious boy with snow white hair walks into the diner where she waitresses. Intrigued, he asks her out and she agrees, and she's happy, at first. It's not long after that this boy "Snowman" begins acting weird- asking for money, not calling her back. But when he jokes around about killing her uncle, he goes too far. He couldn't have really killed him... Could he?

I thoroughly enjoy The Snowman by R.L. Stine. It's fast paced, well detailed, and hard to put down. It is a bit predictable towards the middle, but all in all I liked it.

I feel that RL Stine effectively pulled at my emotions. I grew to love Snowman, and I loathed her Uncle James to the point of wishing him dead myself. My heart raced when hers did, and I was often just as surprised as she was at the happening events and circumstances.

I recommend it for preteen/teen readers who enjoy the Thriller genre.

0 comments:

Post a Comment